OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Thursday, August 16, 2012

New DOCTOR WHO Companion's Full Name Revealed


The full name of Jenna-Louise Coleman's character on Doctor Who has been revealed.

According to the Daily Mirror, the Eleventh Doctor's new companion will be called Clara Oswin and she will be a computer expert (Melanie Bush, anyone?) that is "feisty and flirty."  Coleman's first line of dialogue to the Doctor is supposedly "Rescue me, boy, and show me the stars" and the Doctor will initially refer to her simply as "Oswin" just as he called exiting companion Amy Pond "Pond."

In the article, actress Karen Gillan discusses Amy Pond's exit in the upcoming episode "The Angels Take Manhattan."  "I didn’t read the scripts because I didn’t want to make it real," she said.  "I think it was a few weeks before I read them.  I had read the rest of the episode just not that bit.  There is so much I am going to miss, especially as we have become good friends now.  I’ll miss all the running down corridors, that is so much fun.  It is such a life-changing experience, I can’t even describe it.  I didn’t even offer Jenna Louise any advice because I want her to have her own version of that and not follow any preconceptions."

Doctor Who is scheduled to return in "Asylum of the Daleks" on September 1, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment