OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Friday, September 13, 2013

Cyborg Voice Shemar Moore Wants to Play Him in JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie


At least someone wants to give Cyborg some feature film love.

Shemar Moore, best known as Derek Morgan on CBS' Criminal Minds, is voicing the DC Comics character Cyborg in the upcoming animated movie Justice League: War and now wants to play Victor Stone in a live-action movie.

Speaking to I Am Rogue, the 43-year-old actor shared his thoughts on voicing the character and his hopes to bring Cyborg to the big screen.  "I am so excited by this just because it’s fun doing it," he said of Justice League: War.  "I wasn’t a big comic book guy.  I knew the basics of Superman, Spider-Man.  What I like about Cyborg is I got to do this about a year ago for the first time, really a fish out of water.  I had no idea, the offer came to me to be the voice of Cyborg.  He’s this half black, half white human, but he’s half machine, half human because of an accident that happened to him.  But he’s a black superhero.  But I like that he’s a bi-racial superhero because I’m bi-racial.  The president of the United States is bi-racial."

Um...Unless there's been some recent changes to the character in The New 52, Cyborg isn't bi-racial but okay, at least Moore's enthusiastic.

He continues:  "This is different because you’re talking into a microphone and you have to give all the emotion and then they layer it, create the animation which takes over a year to match to your voices and the sounds of your mannerisms.  Ultimately voice overs is where the money is at, that’s why you see these big stars doing it, but it’s really fun to do and the Justice League it is what it is.  It’s legendary in its own right, but I’d be a liar if I didn’t say I have a fantasy or wish that [hopefully] I should be able to play Cyborg in a feature film.  I’d love it if they were able to do something with the Justice League to where I could join a group of actors and go out there and be Cyborg.  This is just the beginning, but this is another avenue of entertainment that I now get in to play in and I really had a ball.  Once they showed me the ropes and what it was, it was one of the most fun things that I’ve done as far as performing."

Justice League: War isn't Moore's first experience with DC Comics characters, after playing Jesse Reese on the 2002-03 TV adaptation of Birds of PreyAnd with a Justice League movie presumably the plan after 2015's Superman/Batman film directed by Zack Snyder, it's certainly possible that current Justice League member Cyborg could be appear alongside Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck.


"If I could get out there and play Cyborg, that’s the ultimate goal," Moore stated.  "It’s an honor to play a part of the Justice League family and to be on these DVDs, but I would be a liar if I said I’m not aiming to be Cyborg in a feature film."

"Every actor wants to win an Oscar," he continued, "every actor wants to win a Golden Globe and do this role and do that role and there’s so many stories I want to tell, but to me I don’t know there’s just [a] vibe when you get to play an action hero.  There’s something really fun about it and also because of what it represents.  When we go to Comic-Con you see these legions and legions of fans that just love this world.  So for me to go out there and play Cyborg, he’s just an interesting character and what I know of him thus far.  For me to be half machine, half human, kicking ass, that would be a dream come true."


Me, I'm still waiting for DC Comics to give Cyborg his own comic book series...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Personally, I think Moore's a tad old for the role at 43. Obviously, he still looks great and he's a decent actor, but I tend to see Cyborg as the youngest of the Justice League, either in his late teens or early twenties.

      I definitely dig his enthusiasm, though.

      Delete