OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bruce Boxleitner Says TRON 3 Could Film in 2014


Greetings, programs!

One of my favorite films of 2010, Tron: Legacy, might be ready to film another sequel to 1982's sci-fi classic Tron in a couple of years.  Bruce Boxleitner, who portrayed Tron and his User/human counterpart Alan Bradley in both films, was recently interviewed by I Am Rogue and gave updates on Tron 3 and the upcoming 10-part animated series Tron: Uprising for Disney XD.

According to Boxleitner, "The last movie didn’t end.  It actually started the next movie and then went to black." 

"It’s in the works," he added.  "Anything could happen, but all I can say is, it’s in its formative stages.  [Joseph] Kosinski, who is slated for it, he’s shooting another movie now and then they’ll get around to doing that.  I think somewhere around 2014, maybe.  I’m talking way out of school here, but they can’t shoot me because I’m Tron."

The 2013 film Kosinski is currently slated to direct is another science-fiction tale starring Tom Cruise, to be titled either Oblivion or Horizons. A sequel to Tron: Legacy seems likely, considering the film's production budget was reported to be $170 million and the film earned over $400 million in worldwide box office before DVD and Blu-Ray sales.

When asked about Tron: Uprising, Boxleitner said, "I'm very proud of that. It's, I think, every bit as good as the movies. We have this tremendous talent -- Elijah Wood, myself, Lance Henrikson, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens -- It just keeps going." As for his specific role in the series, he remarked, "Who else would I be? I'm Tron. It's going to be on my gravestone...'He was Tron.'"

END OF LINE

No comments:

Post a Comment