OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Saturday, June 1, 2024

NEXT STOP EVERYWHERE 315: "Boom" Is Up!

 
"I am a Time Lord. I am a higher dimensional life form. I am a complex space-time event. I am a much bigger bang than you bargained for. I am a lot more explosive than I look, and honey.. I know how I look. Put a quantum chain reaction through me and I will shatter this silly little battlefield of yours into dust. All of it, in a heartbeat, into dust."
-- The Fifteenth Doctor, Doctor Who: "Boom"

Hello again, everyone! My partner in time Jesse Jackson and I are back with a new episode of Next Stop Everywhere: The Doctor Who Podcast! This timewe discuss "Boom", the third episode of Doctor Who Series 14, featuring Ncuti Gatwa as the Fifteenth Doctor, Millie Gibson as Ruby Sunday, and Varada Sethu as Mundy Flynn!

In this episode, Jesse and I discuss things like Jesse being anxious about his Dallas Mavericks, "Boom" being exactly the episode that Doctor Who fans needed after "Space Babies" and "The Devil's Chord", Russell T Davies confirming that Varada Sethu's companion character will not be Mundy Flynn, the latest Susan Twist appearance, the corpse containers looking like like pneumatic tubes from the bank, wondering why Ruby Sunday hasn't been to an alien planet in six months of traveling with the Doctor, Jesse appreciating the Doctor's comment about doing anything for your child, my concern about RTD adding a second companion next series, more speculation about Ruby causing snow to fall, wondering why John Francis Vater brought his daughter to a war zone, the Doctor's remarks about faith, Villengard and the military-industrial complex, Susan Twist being the new "Bad Wolf" mystery, wondering if Steven Moffat needs to be co-showrunner to oversee Russell T Davies' scripts in return, our favorite quotes of the episode, my Reverse the Polarity segment, new listener feedback from Holly Mac, Dave Proctor, and Sandi from Oregon, the interesting camera work  at the end that made you wonder if the Doctor and Ruby were talking to the audience or just looking out the landscape, Jesse joining us again on The Fandom Zone Podcast, and more!

If you'd like to check out our latest episode, you can find us on...

Apple Podcasts -- RIGHT HERE
Google Podcasts -- RIGHT HERE
Direct MP3 downloads/Libsyn -- RIGHT HERE
Spotify -- RIGHT HERE
Stitcher -- RIGHT HERE
Next Stop Everywhere's Facebook page
Next Stop Everywhere's Twitter account
Next Stop Everywhere's Instagram account

And just in time for the new era of Doctor Who, we now have a BRAND NEW Next Stop Everywhere t-shirt, which you can find on TeePublic RIGHT HERE!  This spiffy shirt looks great when you're listening to your favorite Doctor Who podcast and travelling through time and space! Or you could order all sorts of cool Next Stop Everywhere merch there as well!

Be sure to come back in one week for the next episode of Next Stop Everywhere as Jesse and I discuss "73 Yards", the fourth episode from Doctor Who Series 14, starring Ncuti Gatwa as the Fifteenth Doctor and Millie Gibson as Ruby Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment