OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Thursday, February 25, 2016

New DAREDEVIL Season 2 Trailer Teases Elektra and The Rising


The Rising is coming.

Netflix has released the second of two trailers for the second season of their hit series Daredevil, based on the Marvel Comics superhero.  In this latest two-minute, twenty-five-second trailer, we see Elektra Natchios (Élodie Yung) in action with Daredevil/Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) against the Yakuza along with ominous hints of something coming.

The second trailer picks up from the first, with Elektra waiting for Matt inside his New York apartment.  "Would you believe it if I said I missed you?" she asks.  Matt answers "No," with Elektra continuing, "I need your help, Matthew.  You're the only person I can trust."

"Well, Sweetheart," replies Matt, "you don't break into my house and then talk to me about trust."

Sitting down at a local diner, Matt asks Elektra, "What do you want from me?"

"You fight better than anyone I know," she replies, "and I have information.  The Yakuza never left."

As we see glimpses of Japanese criminals at work, Matt replies "That's impossible.  I drove them out of New York City."

"No, you didn't.  They've just hibernated and watched you take out all of their enemies. Now, New York is ripe for the taking."

We then see a group of motorcycle assassins about to make a hit on someone, Matt tells Elektra, "If we do this, nobody dies.  Do you understand?"

Daredevil and Elektra face off against the Yakuza, swiftly taking down several gangsters. Elektra lowers her facial half-mask and smiles at Daredevil.  "Hungry?" she asks.

We return to a discussion between Matt and Foggy Nelson (Elden Henson).  "Every time I walk up those stairs," Foggy tells Matt, "I wonder if today's the day you're dead in your living room."

"There are horrible things happening in this city," Matt replies as we see The Punisher (Jon Bernthal) aiming his weapon at Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll).  "I'm doing apologizing to you for who I am."

Next, we cut to a scene with Matt and Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson), with Matt telling her "The city needs me."

"This isn't your city anymore," counters Claire as we glimpse a rooftop brawl between Daredevil and The Punisher.  

Matt begins to doubt himself, however, as he see him sitting in his living room and holding his mask.  "My way isn't working," he begins.  "What if it never has?"

As The Punisher blows up a bunch of biker gang motorcycles, Elektra responds, "The battle has begun, Matthew.  There's nothing we can do but fight."

We glimpse a familiar group of assassins scaling a building as Daredevil's mentor Stick (Scott Glenn) explains, "They're called The Hand."

"You cannot stop what we have started," says a member of The Hand as Daredevil and Elektra come across a deep pit.  "The Rising is coming."

A fast montage of images follows of Daredevil facing off against The Hand, Daredevil facing off against The Punisher, Karen helpelessly watching near a squad of police cars, and Matt and Elektra making love.

Lastly, we return to the diner, with Elektra remarking to Matt, "You've been working out, by the way.  I appreciate that."

If you'd like to check out the second trailer, you can view it below thanks to the official Netflix account on YouTube...




Daredevil returns to Netflix for Season 2 on March 18, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment