OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

NEXT STOP EVERYWHERE 050: "The Day of the Doctor" is Up!


"Clara sometimes asks me if I dream.  'Of course I dream', I tell her.  'Everybody dreams.' 'But what do you dream about?', she'll ask.  'The same thing everybody dreams about,' I tell her.  'I dream about where I'm going.'  She always laughs at that.  'But you're not going anywhere, you're just wandering about.'  That's not true.  Not anymore.  I have a new destination.  My journey is the same as yours, the same as anyone's.  It's taken me so many years, so many lifetimes, but at last I know where I'm going.  Where I've always been going...Home.  The long way round."
-- The Eleventh Doctor, Doctor Who: "The Day of the Doctor"

Returning from our Christmas Invasion vacation, my good friend and co-host Jesse Jackson and I are back with our first 2016 episode of Next Stop Everywhere: The Doctor Who Podcast!  And this one is a big one, our fiftieth episode, with returning Special Guest Companions Karen Lindsay and Ken Schaefer!

This time, yours truly is piloting the TARDIS at last, as Jesse, Karen, Ken and I discuss things like whether John Hurt replacing Christopher Eccleston as Steven Moffat's backup plan was a good move, our favorite nods to classic Doctor Who stories, the return of the Zygons, whether Billie Piper should've played Rose Tyler once again instead of The Moment, Kate Stewart's nuclear countdown overreaction, whether Moffat's reversal of Russell T. Davies' destruction of Gallifrey was a good creative decision, the welcome return of Tom Baker as The Curator, whether we should've seen more Doctors, not one but two Reverse the Polarity segments, and more!

And for those who still aren't aware of this yet, we're available on iTunes RIGHT HERE as well as Stitcher RIGHT HERE, so please subscribe and tell your friends about us. If you're looking for direct MP3 downloads, you can find them RIGHT HERE as well. Oh, and don't forget we have an officially official Next Stop Everywhere Facebook page and Twitter account, so be sure to Like and/or Follow us, okay?

And hey, if you'd like to pick up the officially official Next Stop Everywhere t-shirt, you can find it on TeePublic right HERE!  Help support the show!

Be sure to come back soon for our review of the David Tennant classic "School Reunion," and look for more of Next Stop Everywhere on iTunes, Libsyn, Soundcloud, Sticher, and the official Southgate Media Group website!

No comments:

Post a Comment