OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Sunday, July 13, 2014

First DOCTOR WHO Series 8 Trailer Debuts During World Cup


Doctor Who Into Darkness?  Hmmm, sounds familiar...

While most of the planet Earth was watching Germany facing off against Argentina in the 2014 FIFA World Cup final in Brazil, the BBC had something a little special for Whovians at halftime -- the first full trailer for Doctor Who Series Eight starring Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman.

The one-minute trailer opened with an exploding TARDIS console, Clara Oswald's big eyes and an ominous Dalek eyestalk.  "Life returns..." begins a voice that could be the Dalek's creator Davros, the Dalek Emperor, Dalek Caan, or...something else.

"I don't think I know who the Doctor is anymore," frets Clara.

"Life prevails..." continues the mysterious Dalek voice as we see a shadowy outline of the newly-regenerated Twelfth Doctor bracing himself while the TARDIS console room sparks and flashes with fire.

"I'm the Doctor," says the new Doctor to Clara.  "I've lived for over two thousand years.  I've made many mistakes and it's about time that I did something about that."

We see a number of new monsters, including a steampunkish Victorian android with a blowtorch for a right hand, another android that resembles a Silurian, an alien with two long eyestalks, and a squad of UNIT soldiers.

"Where are we going?" asks Clara.

"Into darkness," replies the Twelfth Doctor.

"Here we go again," says the Silurian Madame Vastra, returning once again to the series.

We then see Clara falling down some sort of tunnel/shaft, a Tyrannosaurus Rex walking past Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament (The second Invasion of the Dinosaurs, perhaps?), a Dalek saucer in space, a medieval-looking android, and the Doctor a long nightshirt riding a horse.

"Clara, tell me..." asks the Doctor, "...am I a good man?"

"I...don't know," replies Clara.

If you'd like to see the full trailer, you can view it below thanks to the BBC's official YouTube channel...



Doctor Who returns August 23, 2014 on BBC America and BBC One.


2 comments:

  1. Invasion of the Dinosaurs was the first thing that leapt to mind for me as well when I saw that T-Rex (I assume?) ... since we saw Kate Lethbridge-Stewart in there, I wonder if that'll be the story she's back for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cdog, I posted in a previous article that Kate returns for the two-part Series 8 finale, but maybe this Second Invasion of the Dinosaurs is part of it?

      Delete