OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

David Tennant Denies Involvement (Wink, Wink) in DOCTOR WHO's 50th Anniversary


Rule One -- The Doctor lies.

If only one of the previous Doctors return for Doctor Who's 50th anniversary on November 23, 2013, you can pretty much bet David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor, will be that one.  As an admitted fan of the original series growing up, Tennant secured his status as The Ultimate Whovian with his checkmate moves of portraying the Tenth Doctor from Christmas 2005 through New Year's Day 2010 and marrying Georgia Moffett, daughter of Fifth Doctor Peter Davison.

So while it's no big shock to hear Tennant denying his involvement in Doctor Who's 50th anniversary, at least until an official announcement is made, it's interesting that's he's doing such a poor job with his denials.  While doing publicity for Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger, Tennant was once again asked about his involvement and gave the following response to BBC Radio 1:

"I nearly said something I shouldn’t!  I don’t have an answer to this question.  I keep being asked and I wish I had an answer.  I’ve nothing to say.  I don’t know and if I did have any involvement, I wouldn’t be able to talk about it anyway, would I?  Probably not."

In another response to the question from Red Carpet News, Tennant remarked:

"I can’t imagine there even are going to be any anniversary celebrations, are there?  Look at my agent getting twitchy!"

Honestly, the guy is just one step away from resetting "Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more..." from Monty Python.

If you'd like to see the full interviews, you can view them below.  The Doctor Who discussion for BBC Radio 1 begins at around the 0:49 mark, while the Red Carpet News comments begin around the 1:25 mark.



No comments:

Post a Comment