What is it with Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor taking his clothes off and getting naked? I mean, honestly... First, there was his disrobing right in front of new companion Amy Pond in "The Eleventh Hour" and then there was that naughty business at the beginning of "The Impossible Astronaut" in the 17th Century when Charles II catches him naked underneath Charles' daughter's skirt near a painting titled "My Mysterious Doctor."
Well, he's at it again in two-minute skit written by Doctor Who showrunner (and Nude Doctor fetishist) Steven Moffat for this year's Children In Need charity telethon. The Doctor arrives, intending to give the clothes off his back in a special auction, and proceeds to disrobe behind a nearby screen. As each article is removed, we learn a little bit about the Eleventh Doctor's preferred clothing:
- Jacket -- Unique in the universe, made of Infinity Tweed. If the jacket is hit by any kind of bullet or laser beam, or even a triple-enfolded, quantum-strength ninja star, it would be completely ruined.
- Bow Tie -- Bow ties are, and always will be, cool.
- Shirt -- Looks like an ordinary shirt, feels like an ordinary shirt. It is, in fact, an ordinary shirt.
- Trousers -- Not just any old trousers, but Hypertrousers. Very similar to normal trousers, but with the word "hyper" in front.
- Boots -- Not one, not two, but three, Oh, Time Lords...always full of surprises.
Also, the title for the 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special was finally revealed as "The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe," which will also be written by Steven Moffat. And as you might expect, here's the trailer for that as well...
Looks like we're in for the Best Christmas Ever...