"You think you have won! What is light without dark? What are you without me? I am a part of you all. You can never defeat me. We are brothers eternal!"
-- Darkness, Legend
Hello again, movie fans! My wonderful co-host Xan Sprouse and I are back with a new episode of Drunk Cinema! This time, Xan and I pay tribute to Tim Curry as we watch Legend, the 1985 dark fantasy adventure film directed by Ridley Scott, featuring Tom Cruise as Jack, Mia Sara as Lili, Tim Curry as Darkness, and David Bennent as Honeythorn Gump!
This time, Xan and I discuss things like my unfamiliarity with British sitcom Toast of London, some background on Tim Curry's stroke and his later death, Xan listening to Tim Curry's memoir Vagabond, Xan setting aside her hatred of Tom Cruise movies to pay tribute to Tim Curry, Maverick being a better Top Gun movie, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr.'s version of the Mission: Impossible theme, Star Trek: Voyager's Robert Picardo as Meg Mucklebones, the poor marketing for the film, Xan being my Apple consultant, Arnon Milchan and Terry Gilliam not liking each other, Mia Sara stealing laundry, goblins being up to no fucking good, why you shouldn't try to touch a unicorn, everything having glitter, Screwball and Brown Tom being the comic relief, Hellboy duking it out with Darkness, Lili going into her Goth phase, Darkness' bouncy horns, new Drunk Mail from Christine Peruski, my upcoming story for DC's Naughty List Christmas anthology, Xan and I heading back into Spooky Season, and more!
If you'd like to check out our podcast and subscribe to us, you can find us on...
Spotify -- RIGHT HERE

No comments:
Post a Comment