OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

NEXT STOP EVERYWHERE 094: "The Caves of Androzani" is Up!


"You better turn this ship around, Doctor!"
"Why?"
"Because I'll kill you if you don't!"
"Not a very convincing argument actually, Stotz, because I'm going to die soon anyway, unless of course I can find the antidote…I owe it to my young friend to try because I got her into this.  So you see -- I'm not going to let you stop me now!"

-- Stotz and The Fifth Doctor, Doctor Who: "The Caves of Androzani"

That's right, my partner in time Jesse Jackson and I are finally back with a new episode of Next Stop Everywhere: The Doctor Who Podcast!  In this episode, Jesse and I review "The Caves of Androzani", the sixth serial of Season 21 from the original series of Doctor Who in 1984, starring Peter Davison in his final story as the Fifth Doctor and Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown!

This time, Jesse and I discuss things like "The Caves of Androzani" ranking highly in Doctor Who Best Story Ever polls, my recent trip to London and my Doctor Who filming locations pics, my wife's Outlander fan experience in Scotland, Jesse's final chemo treatment, running down other Robert Holmes stories, Peter Davison's final season being his best, Nicola Bryant's American accent, Peri being a better Fifth Doctor companion than a Sixth Doctor companion, the Fifth Doctor feeling responsible for Peri and his determination to save her life, Sharez Jek as The Phantom of the Opera, David Lynch's film adaptation of Dune, almost having Tim Curry and David Bowie as Sharez Jek, the Fifth Doctor's heroic sacrifice to save Peri, the old comics newspaper Comics Buyer's Guide, whether the Fifth Doctor had the best regeneration, finally getting an explanation for the celery in the Fifth Doctor's lapel, my Reverse the Reverse the Polarity segment, Jesse attending Dragon Con in Atlanta, new feedback from Holly from Wisconsin and Paul from Australia, our anticipation for the upcoming DC Comics series Titans, and more!

If you'd like to check out our latest episode, you can find us on...

Google Play Music -- RIGHT HERE
iTunes -- RIGHT HERE
Stitcher -- RIGHT HERE
Direct MP3 downloads/Libsyn --  RIGHT HERE
Next Stop Everywhere's Facebook page
Next Stop Everywhere's Twitter account

And hey, if you'd like to pick up the officially official Next Stop Everywhere t-shirt, you can find it on TeePublic right HERE!  Help support the show and feel free to post pictures on our Facebook page of you or some other cool person you know wearing the shirt!

Be sure to come back in two weeks as Jesse and I review the 2015 Big Finish audio adventure "The Brink of Death", the fourth story in the Doctor Who: The Last Adventure set, which features Colin Baker's final chronological story as the Sixth Doctor, Bonnie Langford as Melanie "Mel" Bush, and Michael Jayston as The Valeyard!  Look for more of Next Stop Everywhere on iTunes, Google Play Music, YouTube, Libsyn, Soundcloud, Stitcher, and the official Southgate Media Group website!

No comments:

Post a Comment