"I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got."
(Watching from the car) "That son' bitch. That son of a bitch! You son of a bitch!"
"Better hurry it up, I'm in dutch with the wife."
-- Herbert I. (H.I.) "Hi" McDunnough and Edwina "Ed" McDunnough, Raising Arizona
Hello again, movie fans! My wonderful co-host Xan Sprouse and I are back with a new episode of Drunk Cinema! This time, Xan and I watch Raising Arizona, the 1987 crime comedy written and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen, featuring Nicolas Cage as Herbert "Hi" McDunnough, Holly Hunter as Edwina "Ed" McDunnough, John Goodman as Gale Snoats, and William Forsythe as Evelle Snoats!
This time, Xan and I discuss things like Xan and I going to see "Weird Al" Yankovic at the Ohio State Fair, Get Smart having outdated shoe technology, not knowing what the "I" stands for in H.I. McDunnough, Xan ranking Nicolas Cage's performances, finally talking a John Goodman movie, my Airplane!-style drinking problem, Hi and Ed's romance during mug shot photos, Ed's ugly crying, yodeling during the opening credits, one baby getting aged out of the film, Nicolas Cage being great at playing weirdos with crazy hair, Glen's bad Polish jokes, unfinished furniture dealers, the days before babies were required to be in car seats, why you shouldn't put your gun in a crib, new Drunk Mail from Christine Peruski and Dave Proctor, not taking Kung Fu movies seriously, watching Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me as a date movie, watching The Dark Knight for our 100th episode, Xan wanting to watch a Gabriel Byrne movie, and more!
If you'd like to check out our podcast and subscribe to us, you can find us on...
Spotify -- RIGHT HERE

No comments:
Post a Comment