OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

TITANTALK 083: "Nostalgia Patrol" Is Up!

 

"All of my life, I have felt like a fraud. All of my life, I have been the imposter masquerading as Rita Farr. But one day, you crazy bunch of misfits, who are just like me, came into my life. I say, ‘Fuck Niles Caulder,’ for most things, but not this. He gave me you, my family. I know you don’t think we deserve anything but one thing I know we do deserve is the love that we have for each other. Well, had. Before the Butts screwed us up and that weird testicle monster thing, but the point is, you accept me, the real me, whether I blob or triumph, you are always the place that I return to. You are my home."
-- Elasti-Woman, Doom Patrol: "Nostalgia Patrol"

Hello again, Titans & Doom Patrol fans! DJ Nik and I are back with a new episode of TitanTalk: The Titans Podcast! This time, we discuss "Nostalgia Patrol", the third episode of Doom Patrol Season 4, featuring April Bowlby as Elasti-Woman, Joivan Wade as Cyborg, and the introductions of Sendhil Ramamurthy as Mr. 104 & Timeca Seretti as Doctor Janus!

In this episode, DJ Nik and I discuss things like Nik watching The Tree of Life, my Funko figure of Bloodwork from The Flash, some comics background on Mr. 104 and Doctor Janus, the current number of elements on the Periodic Table being more than 104, wondering why Magneto has never tried to take out the Red Skull, Vic's childhood friends wondering what happened to his Cyborg tech, Vic attempting to reach out to the friends he lost after his accident, Deric telling Vic he can't help volunteer to help teach kids robotics, Madame Rouge begging the Doom Patrol to help her fix her friendship with Rita, Madame Rouge's epic drunken rant, Michelle Gomez getting to use her natural Scottish accent, Jane getting an orgasm from a cloud of green mist, the Interrupters' great ska cover of Billie Eilish's song "Bad Guy", why Jane feels comfortable opening up to Cliff, Cliff expressing his approval of orgasms, Larry getting frustrated by Keeg avoiding him and not telling him why, Rita getting easily tricked by a brochure for a Rita Farr film retrospective, Rita's fuel gauge of emotion pendant, Rita's film Spartacus 452 being a nod to Jane Fonda's film Barbarella, wondering why Mr. 104 saved Rita from falling, Doctor Janus dropping the "Immortus will rise" ominous  foreshadowing bomb, wanting a Titans/Doom Patrol crossover, our favorite quotes from the episode, our outrage that several tubs of buttered popcorn in the movie theater were left uneaten and wasted, DC Comics' upcoming Unstoppable Doom Patrol limited series, our call for Doom Patrol feedback, the upcoming TV debut of Doom Patrol member Space Case, and more!

If you'd like to check out episodes of TitanTalk, you can find us on...

Apple Podcasts -- RIGHT HERE
Google Podcasts -- RIGHT HERE
Direct MP3 downloads/Libsyn --  RIGHT HERE
Spotify -- RIGHT HERE
Stitcher -- RIGHT HERE
TitanTalk's Facebook page
TitanTalk's Twitter account

And don't forget, we have an official TitanTalk: The Titans Podcast t-shirt and merch featuring our logo, which you can find on TeePublic RIGHT HERE! Support the show by grabbing some TitanTalk gear to enjoy while listening to our discussions of Titans and Doom Patrol!

Be sure to come back next week as DJ Nik and I discuss "Casey Patrol", the fourth episode of Doom Patrol Season 4, on TitanTalk: The Titans Podcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment