OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Monday, February 22, 2021

DRUNK CINEMA 006: "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" Is Up!

 
"Khan!  Khan, you've got Genesis, but you don't have me!  You were going to kill me, Khan. You're going to have to come down here! You're going to have to come down here!"
"I've done far worse than kill you.  I've hurt you, and I wish to go on hurting you.  I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her -- marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet, buried alive.  Buried alive!"
Kirk: "KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!"
-- Admiral James T. Kirk and Khan Noonien Singh, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Hey there, movie fans!  My wonderful co-host Xan Sprouse and I are back with a new episode of Drunk Cinema!  This time, we reopen the Drunk Cinema Theatre to watch Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khanthe 1982 science fiction film directed by Nicholas Meyer and featuring William Shatner as Admiral James T. Kirk, Leonard Nimoy as Captain Spock, DeForest Kelley as Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy, and Ricardo Montalban as Khan Noonien Singh!

In this sixth episode, Xan and I discuss things like Roger Ebert hating just about every movie that I like, the reason why Xan's husband Chris won't read film reviews anymore, Amazon Women on the Moon, my wife Lori never listening to any of my podcasts, Nicholas Meyer's movie Time After Time, The Day After, Cold War era songs "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood and "Russians" by Sting, Sherlock Holmes being a cocaine addict, my published Star Trek: Strange New Worlds II short story "Doctors Three", why Leonard Nimoy means so much to Xan, all roads leading to Star Trek, Merritt Butrick and Paul Winfield appearing on Star Trek: The Next Generation, James Horner scoring Krull, the "Aren't you dead?" line being used to throw off leaked script reports about Spock's death, Xan's homemade Romulan Ale, my turning the same age as Kirk in Wrath of Khan, Chekov moving up in the Starfleet world, Walter Koenig's son Andrew, the big plot hole of Khan recognizing Chekov's face, Scotty's nephew Peter Preston, Spock's ostentatious disco wall decor in his quarters, why Bones is my all-time favorite Star Trek character, Xan's mom realizing she's a nerd, Original Recipe vs. Extra Crispy KFC chicken, closeups on obviously fake ears, Gene Roddenberry having a problem with Kirk killing the Ceti eel that crawled out of Chekov's ear, Roy Orbison's "Ooby Dooby", Xan's husband Chris' being late to his high school graduation because he was watching Star Trek III, Xan crying during Spock's funeral, Kirk and David's awkward father-son hug, The Road Warrior vs. Mad Max: Fury Road, and more!

If you'd like to check out our podcast and subscribe to us, you can find us on...

iTunes/Apple Podcasts -- RIGHT HERE
Direct MP3 downloads/Libsyn -- RIGHT HERE
Spotify -- RIGHT HERE

YouTube -- RIGHT HERE
Drunk Cinema's Facebook Page
Drunk Cinema's Twitter Account

Be sure to come back in two weeks for Episode 007, as Xan and I watch Goldfinger, the 1964 James Bond film directed by Guy Hamilton and featuring Sean Connery as James Bond, Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore, 
Gert Fröbe as Auric Goldfinger, and Harold Sakata as Oddjob!

No comments:

Post a Comment