OVER 4.5 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

THE FANDOM ZONE 363: "Lights Out" Is Up!

 
"You want an update? Since we last spoke, I was ambushed by Hal Jordan, who totaled my rental and almost burned me alive in it. I’m pretty sure he didn’t want that to happen, but I’m not entirely sure, which is the point. By rights, I should be dead, but thanks to alien technology, I'm as good as new, even though I feel like I tumbled butt naked down a hill of broken glass. As you can imagine, Mama, I'm mad as all hell, and I plan on doing something about it."
-- John Stewart, Lanterns: "Lights Out"

Hello again, everyone! DJ Nik and I are back with a new episode of The Fandom Zone Podcast! This time, we're joined by special guest Jesse Jackson to discuss "Lights Out", the fifth episode of Lanterns, featuring Kyle Chandler as Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Aaron Pierre as John Stewart, Garret Dillahunt as William Macon, and Poorna Jagannathan as Zoe Macon!

In this episode, DJ Nik, Jesse and I talk about things like Nik getting his American breakfast, this episode feeling like a season finale, Jesse's son being hooked on Lanterns without realizing it, the songs featured in the episode, Zoe making a deal with Kerry Kane for protection, Hal crashing the rental car to take John off the game board for a moment, Zoe standing back and watching as John burned in a car fire, Kerry warning Hal that the consequences of going after Zoe is on his hands, Hal lying to Antaan that the Manhunter is Will Macon, why Zoe chose to be a person of color, Geoff Johns introducing the Green Lantern ring charge as a percentage in the comics, Will Macon pretending to be the Manhunter to try and fool Antaan, Jesse bailing on us halfway through, John being fed up with his parents not being happy that he doesn't have Hal's ring, the first-person shooter sequence with Hal wearing night vision goggles and taking a helicopter, Hal and John's ugly and brutal fight, John leaving Hal behind to bait Zoe, the girl who lost her father, John telling Liana that he feels empty after putting on the ring, John's big decision, our favorite quotes of the episode, new Fandom Zone Fan Mail from Aaron Case and Dave Proctor, my story for DC Comics' upcoming Christmas anthology DC's Naughty List, the upcoming funeral for Hal Jordan, and more! 

You can check out episodes of The Fandom Zone using...

Apple Podcasts -- RIGHT HERE
Direct Download MP3s/Libsyn
-- RIGHT HERE
Spotify -- RIGHT HERE
The Fandom Zone on Facebook -- RIGHT HERE
The Fandom Zone on X/Twitter -- @FandomZoneCast
The Fandom Zone on Instagram -- HERE

And if that isn't enough for you, you can pick up an officially official Fandom Zone Podcast t-shirt that all the cool kids are wearing from TeePublic HERE as well! Show your Fandom Zone fandom by posting a picture on our Facebook page of you or some other cool person you know wearing the shirt!

Be sure to come back next week when DJ Nik and I discuss "Bad Optics", the sixth episode of Lanterns, on The Fandom Zone Podcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment