"Those mob fools want you dead so they can get back to the way things were, but I know the truth -- There’s no going back. You’ve changed things...forever."
"Then why do you want to kill me?"
"Kill you? I don’t wanna kill you. What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, no! No, you...you complete me."
-- The Joker and Batman, The Dark Knight
Hello again, movie fans! My wonderful co-host Xan Sprouse and I are back with a new episode of Drunk Cinema! This time, Xan and I celebrate our 100th episode as we watch The Dark Knight, the 2008 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, featuring Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Heath Ledger as The Joker, Gary Oldman as James Gordon, and Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face/Harvey Dent!
This time, Xan and I discuss things like Xan and I seeing "Weird Al" Yankovic at the Ohio State Fair, karma on Judy Tenuta, Puddles Pity Party, taking six years to reach Episode 100, why you should only order the Little Fry at Five Guys, our first Christopher Nolan film, being happy that The Odyssey (2026) is doing well at the box office, Eric Roberts as the Fourth Master in the Doctor Who TV movie, David Dastmalchian as Pit Boss Warrick on Twin Peaks, The Joker winning Best Actor Oscars, The Dark Knight getting robbed of a Best Picture nomination, Hans Zimmer and the Inception Foghorn, The Dark Knight being the first comic book movie to earn a billion dollars at the box office, the one thing that keeps The Dark Knight from being my all-time favorite comic book movie, the Mob Savings & Loan bank, Elon Musk failing miserably at recreating the Tumbler, the disappointing Batcave replacement, Xan lobbying for Aaron Eckhart as Snake Plissken, Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, Aaron Eckhart having a stronger Batman jawline than Christian Bale, Batman's kidnapping sequence, wishing for an "I'm Spartacus!" scene with people proclaiming "I'm Batman!", how Xan became afraid of helicopters, the Joker's nod to Jerry Maguire, the great special effects with Two-Face's scarred half of his face, everyone being one bad day away from becoming a Batman villain, not getting any Drunk Mail, my upcoming story for DC's Naughty List Christmas anthology, our upcoming celebration of Star Trek's 60th anniversary, and more!
If you'd like to check out our podcast and subscribe to us, you can find us on...
Spotify -- RIGHT HERE

No comments:
Post a Comment